By Kyle Rankin
“If you’re a developer attempting to determine why your software isn't responding at three am, you wish this ebook! this can be now my go-to ebook whilst diagnosing construction concerns. It has stored me hours in troubleshooting advanced operations problems.”
–Trotter Cashion, cofounder, Mashion
DevOps might help builders, QAs, and admins interact to resolve Linux server difficulties way more swiftly, considerably bettering IT functionality, availability, and potency. to achieve those advantages, even if, staff participants want universal troubleshooting talents and practices.
In DevOps Troubleshooting: Linux Server most sensible Practices , award-winning Linux specialist Kyle Rankin brings jointly the entire standardized, repeatable innovations your group must cease finger-pointing, collaborate successfully, and quick remedy almost any Linux server challenge. Rankin walks you thru utilizing DevOps suggestions to troubleshoot every thing from boot mess ups and corrupt disks to misplaced electronic mail and downed web content. You’ll grasp vital abilities for diagnosing high-load structures and community difficulties in creation environments.
Rankin indicates how to
- Master DevOps’ method of troubleshooting and confirmed Linux server problem-solving principles
- Diagnose gradual servers and purposes via deciding on CPU, RAM, and Disk I/O bottlenecks
- Understand fit boots, so that you can establish failure issues and attach them
- Solve complete or corrupt disk concerns that hinder disk writes
- Track down the resources of community problems
- Troubleshoot DNS, e-mail, and different community services
- Isolate and diagnose Apache and Nginx internet server disasters and slowdowns
- Solve issues of MySQL and Postgres database servers and queries
- Identify failures–even notoriously elusive intermittent failures